Thank you for your patience dealing with this issue. While we continue to investigate the issue, it appears to be a problem with the device manufacturer and unfortunately device issues are beyond our control. Please contact your device manufacturer's customer support for further help.
Some players have reported that updating their Huawei EMUI (user interface) and reinstalling the game has helped with the problem.
Please try all the troubleshooting tips suggested, as they have helped other players:
1. Try clearing you cache by going to Settings > Application Manager > Google Play Services > Clear Data/Cache as well as clear Google services data (just cache isn't enough)
2. Try restarting your device
3. Make sure that you are using the latest Google Play Services version by opening Google Play and visiting the My Apps menu and clear Google Play games data
4. Make sure you have enabled Google Play Games and it is updated to the latest version.
5. go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > App > Google Play Services > Storage
click Clear Cache go to Manage Space and click Clear all data
We have not made any changes that would cause problems with Google Play logins. We understand your frustration and as much as we would love to help, device issues are beyond our control and cannot be of more help on this issue. We thank you for your understanding